Friday 11 December 2015

Moral standards ii


Morality is not about trying to be perfectly right, it is about trying to do right.
Destine.

Martin Luther




Dr. Martin Luther King Jnr.
Born: 15 January 1929, Atlanta, GA, USA
Died: 4 April 1968, Memphis, TN, USA


“I want you to say that day that I tried to be right on the war question. I want you to be able to say that day that I did try to feed the hungry. I want you to be able to say that day that I did try in my life to clothe those who were naked. I want you to say on that day that I did try in my life to visit those who were in prison. And I want you to say that I tried to love and serve humanity.” – King’s desire for his legacy.
On 10/12/1964 Dr King received a Nobel Peace Prize Award for his non-violent campaign against racism.
Martin Luther King dreamt that all inhabitants of the United States would be judged by their personal qualities and not by the color of their skin. Dr. King adhere to Gandhi's philosophy of nonviolence. In 1955 he began his struggle to persuade the Government to declare the policy of racial discrimination in the southern states unlawful. In April 1968 he was murdered by a white racist.